Affiliates allow us to join with other organisations in the table tennis arena in order to be stronger together. HiTT Malta Table Tennis Academy is currently affiliated with:
- Malta Table Tennis Association (MTTA) – The MTTA is the National body that governs table tennis in Malta. It was formed in January 1953 and since then it has been responsible for organising National ranking tournaments, the National League and also engage Maltese players in international competitions.
- Sport Malta – Sport Malta is a government entity entrusted with the promotion and development of sport to Maltese citizens. It offers regular sport programmes for the public to enjoy and has various schemes that help athletes succeed.
- Malta Olympic Committee – Established in 1928, the Maltese Olympic Committee is the supreme and exclusive authority on matters relating to Malta’s representation at all games falling under the jurisdiction of the International Olympic Committee. The Committee’s main commitment is that of encouraging, promoting and funding of Maltese participation in the Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Games of the Small States of Europe and Mediterranean Games just to mention a few.
- National Commission for Further and Higher Education – The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) was officially launched on the 8th January 2021 and is legislated by the revised Education Act which came into force on the 1st January 2021.
- European Table Tennis Union – The European Table Tennis Union is the governing body of the sport of table tennis in Europe, and is the only authority recognised for this purpose by the International Table Tennis Federation.
- International Table Tennis Federation – The International Table Tennis Federation is the governing body for all national table tennis associations. The role of the ITTF includes overseeing rules and regulations and seeking technological improvement for the sport of table tennis.
Affiliate Partnership with STK Novi Sad (Serbia)
Since August 2021, HiTT Academy Malta signed a cooperation agreement with Serbian Table Tennis club STK Novi Sad. This partnership benefits players from both clubs, giving them a platform where knowledge and experiences can be exchanged while promoting improvement and player development.
The bilateral agreement for cooperation between the two table tennis clubs was signed while our Head Coach was still in Serbia. Mario Genovese was recently appointed to lead the prestigious 2021 GEWO Training Camp.
What this agreement means to both clubs
This exciting agreement is intended to facilitate an exchange of coaches and players between the two countries. It will also boost knowledge and experience sharing for all involved, promoting innovation and holistic solutions in table tennis. The partnership will also enable the organisation of joint international projects such as training camps and competitions.
The announcement was made on the STK Novi Sad Facebook page on 21st June 2021.
In his comment, Mario Genovese described the signing of this agreement as another milestone for HiTT Academy.
“Another milestone for HiTT Academy Malta. Thank you Dan (Fracile) and Novi Sad Table Tennis Club.”
About HiTT Academy
HiTT Academy offers opportunities in local and international table tennis competitions, training camps and workshops. Our dedicated coaches provide professional advice to all levels of players from beginners to advanced. Learn more about us on https://hittmalta.mt/ or find us on Facebook.